I will be accepting graduate students again (after the pandemic) starting Spring 2022 or Fall 2022 and continuing through subsequent semesters. In exceptional situations, support before the fall term.
Due to the fact that I may miss your email, please apply to the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE) and designate me as a potential advisor. I am also able to advise students in the Department of Computer and Information Sciences (CIS). Both departments are in the College of Engineering at the University of Delaware.
In ECE, the admission review also involves the associate chair of graduate studies. The process has many stages:
Applications received by Feb. 1 or earlier will receive primary consideration for funding. The research statement is important during the evaluation.
Applications are reviewed along with those for other suitable advisors.
- (January) Exceptional candidates may be contacted.
- (Early February) An assessment of the applications is made and a subset of the qualified applicants may be short-listed.
- (Feb–March) I typically schedule and hold short interviews with short-listed candidates on video teleconferencing along with current members of my group. I encourage applicants to contact and discuss the research and lab culture with current students.
- (March) Depending on funding, I along with the associate chair of graduate studies make the final determination to offer funding for a certain duration.
- (April 15th) Applicants should review the offer and accept it, or decline it if they choose to take another option. The deadline for accepting an offer of financial support from a graduate school in the US is April 15th. (PDF)