Who are we and why are we here?
CISTERS is a group of undergraduate, graduate, and faculty women in technology-driven fields at the University of Delaware. Since there's not that many of us, we thought it'd be a good idea to keep in touch and stick together. Our goal is to promote women in technology @ UD and have fun!
Contrary to our name, we are not exclusive to CIS, IS, or MIS majors -- CISTERS is open to all undergraduate, graduate, and faculty in technology driven fields.
- Promote awareness of our group within our department and throughout the University
- Provide a supportive community for all women in technology-driven fields by initiating relevant programs, such as mentoring and early/pre-major outreach and informative seminars about career and research opportunities
- Participation and attendance at The Grace Hopper Celebration of Women in Computing. UD is an affiliate academic underwriter of the Grace Hopper Celebration!
- Provide leadership and service opportunities for participants
- Our current plans and activities
HIGHLIGHTS: NCWIT grant awarded to CISters!
CISters was awarded the NCWIT Symantec Student Seed Fund for a video contest to help attracting women to CIS!
Map of the CISters Web site
In this Web site you will find:
- General information and details about our current and past events.
- Our latest news and calendar showing upcoming events and relevant dates
- Information about interesting opportunities such as: conferences, workshops and financial support
- Information and schedule of the review sessions that CISters organize every semester
- Photo and art gallery of CISters
- If you are already a member, we have a private section with resources for members. You can request the password to any of the current CISters coordinators
Thinking about majoring in CS?
- Visit our Prezi presentation about the impact of Computer Science
- Check out the market for computing careers
- Find out why CIS is right for you?
Interested in Joining Us?
Simply email us at email@example.com with your name and major and we'll add you to our low-volume mailing list to keep you updated on upcoming events.