I am happy to get mail from just about anybody, but modern life dictates some exceptions. I've been electrically mailable for over 30 years and live in thousands of address books, telemarketing lists and Google robots. I am getting an average of 700 messages per day, all but a handful of which are virus, spam or worse.
My mail is processed by an awesome artificial-intelligence system which captures most offensive messages, but might capture yours by mistake. To avoid capture, it is best to send in unformatted text and avoid attachments, images and embedded HTML. On request I can add your mailbox name to the exception list and reception will be guaranteed. I do apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- If you are reporting bugs in the Network Time Protocol (NTP) software distribution, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. I read this list and will respond as will others.
- If you have questions in general about NTP, please send to the newsgroup comp.protocols.time.ntp. I read this list and will respond as will others.
- If you are already familiar with NTP and have technical questions or comments, please send to email@example.com. I read this list and will respond as will others. There is a great deal of technical information about NTP on the Network Time Synchronization Project page.
- If you are a new graduate student looking for financial support, please be advised my policy is to support research assistants only after a semester in residence here as a teaching assistant. Please do not send resumes to my personal mailbox; send instead with your college admissions application. I am on the graduate admissions committee and will see this material as will others.
- For all the rest there is firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy to make or renew your acquaintance