Multicast is a term for describing multiple hosts communicating with
each other within functional groups. These multicast groups can be used
for teleconferencing, or other multiple peer applications. We are
experimenting with multicast network protocols, and working to reduce the
amount of network bandwidth needed for multicast. Through additional
pruning mechanisms we hope to add the capability to select particular
senders for a group. Therefore, only particular traffic from selected group
senders will be forwarded throughout the multicast distribution tree. This
additional level of pruning will be accomplished through additions to
the Internet Group Management Protocol (the additions to the routing
protocol DVMRP have already been added).
And to find out a little more...
- Network Working Group J. Moy Request for Comments: 1584 Proteon, Inc. Category: Standards Track March 1994 Multicast Extensions to OSPF Status of this Memo This document sp
ecifies an Internet ...
---  http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/htbin/rfc/rfc1584.html (266K)
- Network Working Group R. Braudes Request for Comments: 1458 S. Zabele TASC May 1993 Requirements for Multicast Protocols Status of this Memo This memo provides information
for the Internet ...
---  http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/htbin/rfc/rfc1458.html (49K)
- Network Working Group J. Moy Request for Comments: 1585 Proteon, Inc. Category: Informational March 1994 MOSPF: Analysis and Experience Status of this Memo This memo provid
es information for the ...
---  http://www.cis.ohio-state.edu/htbin/rfc/rfc1585.html (32K)
- The MBONE FAQ
- You should be
able to retrieve the latest version of the MBONE FAQ at ftp://isi.edu/mbone/faq.txt. . Below is an HTML-formatted version of the FAQ from August 15, 1994. T
he text-only version of this file is also available. A more up-to-date ...
---  http://www.eit.com/techinfo/mbone/mbone.faq.html (45K)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on
the Multicast Backbone (MBONE)
- How to obtain this file . This file is
venera.isi.edu:mbone/faq.txt; Corrections and Additions Requested. . Overview . What is the MBONE?
. How do IP multicast tunnels work? . What is the topology of the MBONE? . How is the MBONE topology ...
---  http://www.research.att.com/mbone-faq.html (35K)
- MBONE FAQ
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) on the Multicast Backbone (MBONE) . Steve Casner, firstname.lastname@example.org, 6-May-93 . *** This file is venera.isi.edu:mbone/faq.txt *** *** Corrections and Addit
ions Requested *** . What is the MBONE? . The MBONE is an ...
---  http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/mice/faq.html (33K)
- (Multicast Backbone) . Jean Bunn Geneva University . email@example.com . Introduction . Imagine being able to participate in a conference in Amsterdam whilst physically sitting in your offic
e in Geneva. How about watching live video, on your ...
---  http://www.unige.ch/seinf/mbone.html (10K)
- Linux Multicast FAQ 10-May-1995
- Disclaimer - I make no guarantees of the accuracy of any of this. There are people out there who know much more about it than I do; I'm just collecting i
nformation. Index Q1. What is multicast anyway? Q2. What can one do with multicast? Q3. What ...
---  http://andrew.triumf.ca/pub/linux/multicast-FAQ (5K)