Associate Professor of
Computer and Information Sciences
Affiliated Faculty, Delaware Biotechnology Institute
Affiliated Faculty, Quantitative Biology
Ph.D., Peking University (1992)
S17 Office Hours:
424 Smith Hall
University of Delaware
101 Smith Hall
Newark, DE 19716
- CISC 260 Machine Organization and Assembly Language (see class site on Sakai)
- CISC 436/636 Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (F16)
- BINF 644 Bioinformatics (see class site on Sakai)
My research interests are in bioinformatics. I am particularly interested in
developing statistical and machine learning methods that are effective,
expressive and interpretable, via incorporating domain specific knowledge of
The projects include:
- Homology identification, protein family classification, and clustering. (Supported by DuPont Science and Engineering Award)
- Molecular sequence modelling and analysis. (Supported by the NIH COBRE)
- Comparative genomics and metabolic pathway evolution.
- Pattern analysis for RNAi. (Supported by UDRF)
- Sequence assembly of 454 and SBS data. (Supported by NSF)
- TMModel: Transmembrane protein identification and topology prediction.
- QC-COMP: Quasi consensus comparison of profile Hidden Markov models for protein families.
- iMPC: Comparison of bacterial species based on metabolic pathway components
- American Journal of Bioinformatics
- World Journal of Biological Chemistry
- Int'l Journal of Functional Informatics and Personalised Medicine (IJFIPM)
- Journal of Biometrics and its applications
- Scholarena Journal of Genetics
- IEEE ICMLA17
16th IEEE International Conference On Machine Learning And Applications. December 18-21, 2017 | Cancun, Mexico.
- BIBM 2017
The IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM), November 13-18, 2017, Kansan City, MO, USA.
- CISP-BMEI 2017
10th International Congress on Image and Signal Processing, BioMedical Engineering and Informatics (CISP-BMEI 2017; Shanghai, China, 14-16 October 2017.
- IWBBIO 2017
International Work-Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering" (IWBBIO 2017), Granada (Spain), April, 2017
- ICBBT2017 The 9th International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Technology, May 14-16, 2017, Lisbon, Portugal.
- SCAI2017 The 5th International Conference on Smart Computing and Artificial Intelligence, July 9-13, 2017, Hamamatsu, Japan.
- I-SPAN 2017 The 14th International Symposium on Pervasive Systems, Algorithms, and Networks (I-SPAN 2017), 21-23 June 2017, Exeter, England.
- ICMLC 2017 9th International Conference on Machine Learning and Computing. February 24-26, 2017 in Singapore.
Internal use (password protected)
Last updated: March, 2010