Associate Professor of
Computer and Information Sciences
Affiliated Faculty, Delaware Biotechnology Institute
Affiliated Faculty, Data Science Institute
Affiliated Faculty, Quantitative Biology
Ph.D., Peking University (1992)
F19 Office Hours:
2:00PM - 3:00PM, Tuesdays and Thursdays
424 Smith Hall
University of Delaware
101 Smith Hall
Newark, DE 19716
My research interests are in bioinformatics. I am particularly interested in
developing statistical and machine learning methods that are effective,
expressive and interpretable, via incorporating domain specific knowledge of
The projects include:
- Homology identification, protein family classification, and clustering. (Supported by DuPont Science and Engineering Award)
- Molecular sequence modelling and analysis. (Supported by the NIH COBRE)
- Comparative genomics and metabolic pathway evolution.
- Pattern analysis for RNAi. (Supported by UDRF)
- Sequence assembly of 454 and SBS data. (Supported by NSF)
- TMModel: Transmembrane protein identification and topology prediction.
- QC-COMP: Quasi consensus comparison of profile Hidden Markov models for protein families.
- iMPC: Comparison of bacterial species based on metabolic pathway components
- IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics ( TCBB)
- Journal of Biostatistics and Biometric Applications
- Scholarena Journal of Genetics
- IEEE BIBM'20The 2020 IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM 2020) will take place in Seoul, S.Korea on December 16-19, 2020.
International Conference on Intelligent Biology and Medicine (ICIBM 2020)
August 9-11, 2020, Philadelphia, PA, USA.
- ICMLC202012th International Conference on Machine Learning and Computing will be held in Shenzhen, China on Feb. 15-17, 2020.
- Bioinformatics2020 11th International Conference on Bioinformatics Models, Methods and Algorithms, Feburary 24-26, 2020, Valletta, Malta.
Internal use (password protected)
Last updated: March, 2010