Associate Professor of
Computer and Information Sciences
Affiliated Faculty, Delaware Biotechnology Institute
Affiliated Faculty, Data Science Institute
Affiliated Faculty, Quantitative Biology
Ph.D., Peking University (1992)
F23 Office Hours: 2:45PM-3:45PM, Wednesdays and Fridays
424 Smith Hall
University of Delaware
101 Smith Hall
Newark, DE 19716
CISC436/636 Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
BINF610 Applied Machine Learning
My research interests are in bioinformatics. I am particularly interested in
developing statistical and machine learning methods that are effective,
expressive and interpretable, via incorporating domain specific knowledge of
The projects include:
- Homology identification, protein family classification, and clustering. (Supported by DuPont Science and Engineering Award)
- Molecular sequence modelling and analysis. (Supported by the NIH COBRE)
- Comparative genomics and metabolic pathway evolution.
- Pattern analysis for RNAi. (Supported by UDRF)
- Sequence assembly of 454 and SBS data. (Supported by NSF)
- TMModel: Transmembrane protein identification and topology prediction.
- QC-COMP: Quasi consensus comparison of profile Hidden Markov models for protein families.
- DDI2PPI Prediction of protein-protein interaction based on interacting domains.
- DLoc: A server for prediction of plasmodesmata targeting proteins.
- BIBM 2023 International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM), Istanbul, Turkey December 5-8, 2023.
- ICIBM2023 International Conference on Intelligent Biology and Medicine (ICIBM2023), Tampa, FL, USA, July 16-19, 2023.
- ICBBS 2023 International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Science.
- IWBBIO 2023The 10th edition of the International Work-Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering, Gran Canaria, Spain, July 12-14, 2023.
- ICMLA 2022ICMLA 2022 (The 21st IEEE 2022 International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications), The Bahamas, December 12-15, 2022.
- ICIBM 2022 International Conference on Intelligent Biology and Medicine (ICIBM2022), Philadelphia, PA, USA, August 7-9, 2022.
- IWBBIO2022 The 9th edition of the International Work-Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering" (IWBBIO 2022), Gran Canaria (Spain), 27th-30th June, 2022.
Internal use (password protected)
Last updated: March, 2010