Associate Professor of
Computer and Information Sciences
Affiliated Faculty, Delaware Biotechnology Institute
Affiliated Faculty, Data Science Institute
Affiliated Faculty, Quantitative Biology
Ph.D., Peking University (1992)
S19 Office Hours:
2:00PM - 3:00PM, Tuesdays and Thursdays
424 Smith Hall
University of Delaware
101 Smith Hall
Newark, DE 19716
- CISC260 Machine Organization and Assembly Language
- BINF644 Bioinformatics
My research interests are in bioinformatics. I am particularly interested in
developing statistical and machine learning methods that are effective,
expressive and interpretable, via incorporating domain specific knowledge of
The projects include:
- Homology identification, protein family classification, and clustering. (Supported by DuPont Science and Engineering Award)
- Molecular sequence modelling and analysis. (Supported by the NIH COBRE)
- Comparative genomics and metabolic pathway evolution.
- Pattern analysis for RNAi. (Supported by UDRF)
- Sequence assembly of 454 and SBS data. (Supported by NSF)
- TMModel: Transmembrane protein identification and topology prediction.
- QC-COMP: Quasi consensus comparison of profile Hidden Markov models for protein families.
- iMPC: Comparison of bacterial species based on metabolic pathway components
- IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics ( TCBB)
- Journal of Biostatistics and Biometric Applications
- Scholarena Journal of Genetics
- ICMLA'19 18th IEEE International Conference on Machine Learning and Applications (ICMLA), December 16-19, 2019, Boca Raton, Florida, USA.
- ICIBM'19 International Conference on Intelligent Biology and Medicine (ICIBM 2019)
June 9-11, 2019, Columbus, OH, USA.
- IWBBIO'19 The 7th International Work-Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Engineering, May 8th-10th, Granada, Spain.
- ICBBT 11th International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedical Technology, May 29-31, 2019, Stockholm, Sweden.
- ICBDM 2nd International Conference on Big Data Management, Feb 22-24, 2019, Zhuhai, China.
- ICMLC 2019 11th International Conference on Machine Learning and Computing
Zhuhai, China, February 22-24, 2019.
Internal use (password protected)
Last updated: March, 2010