Associate Professor of
Computer and Information Sciences
Affiliated Faculty, Delaware Biotechnology Institute
Affiliated Faculty, Quantitative Biology
Ph.D., Peking University (1992)
S16 Office Hours:
2:00PM-3:00PM, Tuesdays and Thursdays
424 Smith Hall
University of Delaware
101 Smith Hall
Newark, DE 19716
- CISC 889 Modeling and simulation of bioinformatics systems (see class site on Sakai)
- BINF 694 Systems Biology I (see class site on Sakai)
My research interests are in bioinformatics. I am particularly interested in
developing statistical and machine learning methods that are effective,
expressive and interpretable, via incorporating domain specific knowledge of
The projects include:
- Homology identification, protein family classification, and clustering. (Supported by DuPont Science and Engineering Award)
- Molecular sequence modelling and analysis. (Supported by the NIH COBRE)
- Comparative genomics and metabolic pathway evolution.
- Pattern analysis for RNAi. (Supported by UDRF)
- Sequence assembly of 454 and SBS data. (Supported by NSF)
- TMModel: Transmembrane protein identification and topology prediction.
- QC-COMP: Quasi consensus comparison of profile Hidden Markov models for protein families.
- iMPC: Comparison of bacterial species based on metabolic pathway components
- American Journal of Bioinformatics
- World Journal of Biological Chemistry
- Int'l Journal of Functional Informatics and Personalised Medicine (IJFIPM)
- Journal of Biometrics and its applications
- Scholarena Journal of Genetics
- BIBM 2016
The IEEE International Conference on Bioinformatics and Biomedicine (BIBM), Dec. 15-18, 2016, Shenzhen, China.
IEEE 16th International Conference on BioInformatics and BioEngineering, October 31-November 2, 2016, Taichung, Taiwan.
- SCAI2016 The 4th International Conference on Smart Computing and Artificial Intelligence (SCAI 2016) on July 10-14 2016 in Kumamoto, Japan.
- SERA 2016
The 13th International Conference on Software Engineering Research, Management and Applications (SERA 2015).
June 8-10, 2016, Towson, Maryland, USA.
7th International Conference on Bioinformatics Models, Methods and Algorithms
February 21 - 23, 2016, Rome, Italy.
Internal use (password protected)
Last updated: March, 2010